“Find Your Design” Career Track and Leadership Program
The “FYD” Career Track & Leadership is a mobile professional development training program that connects students with relevant real-life practicums and mini-internships to enhance their work skills to promote higher post-graduation employment rates. Career Tracks including Journalism/T.V. radio and broadcasting, Information Technology, Music Business, and mandatory career planning & assessment/customer service courses that provide outside classroom experiences that are not found in your everyday classroom.
Throughout the “Find Your Design” experience students will explore a future profession and gain an insider’s perspective as they meet with leaders in the field and go behind the scenes of some fascinating career opportunities.
Our program model reflects the following:
- Extended instructional and professional development courses
- College and Career Focus preparation
- Community & Service Learning
- Parent support & community partnerships
- Unpaid Internship Opportunities
- Guidance and Counseling
- Participants gain many new contacts in specialist fields and able to build their own network through “FYD”
- Students are matched with internships in their desired field
- Students will be told in advance about attractive entry-level positions
- Students will benefit from continuous career advice from HR specialists, Career Advisors & Coaches
“Identify high-potential prospective employees”
“Create jobs and cultivate talent through customized programming”
“Demonstrating a high level of academic achievement through”:
- Career Planning
- College Prep
- Leadership Development
- Coaching and Consultation
- Parental Involvement
- Life Skills
- Gain experience in chosen field of study
- Boost high school and college graduation simultaneously
- Increase experiential learning credits, community service hours and extra credit towards classwork
If you would like to apply for the program please fill out The “FYD” Career Track & Leadership Application below and email it to email@example.com or send to P.O. Box 786, Cordova, TN 38088.
Sessions will be held this summer, June 1, 2015 – July 24, 2015.
- Must be 16 years of age and older
- Must display leadership ability
- Must demonstrate cooperation and dependability and show a willingness to learn
- Must complete a successful interview with “FYD” Leaders
For those who are interested in an application and becoming a Facilitator for the upcoming rotations please contact us at 901-489-2386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out Articles Here About our past projects:
Tri-State Defender Article – The Legacy Project/Find Your Design Consignment Shoppe on Saturday, December 8, 2013.
CLICK HERE TO READ ARTICLE ABOUT THE LEGACY PROJECT/FIND YOUR DESIGN CONSIGNMENT SHOPPE
(See photos here) and take a look at the event that took place with the consignment shop
2013 Find Your Design Certificate Ceremony on Monday, April 1, 2013
2014 Find Your Design Certificate Ceremony on Monday, March 31, 2014
THANK YOU FOR VISITING WITH US AT THE “FIND YOUR DESIGN” CAREER TRACK & LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Director of Experiential Learning Credit, Kelly Penwell
The University of Memphis
Elle Perry, Coordinator, The Teen Appeal, the Scripps
Howard citywide newspaper initiative for Memphis City School students.
December 2015 – Community Project
Jasmin Scales – 10th grader at Cordova High School received community service hours at Union Grove Baptist Church in the Frayser community engaging in a “2Unique” career skills training project transitioning the “2Unique Boutique” into a clothes closet for low-income/ homeless families and workforce development training programs that work with participants who are not able to afford interview/business attire.
The 2Unique “Closet” Boutiue is located inside of Hickory Ridge Towne Centre/Hickory Ridge Mall, 3743 S. Hickory Ridge Mall, Ste 494 Memphis, TN 38115. Due to the overwhelming number of low-income households, homelessness and agencies who provide workforce development training to participant’s with little to no resources for professional clothing, the 2Unique “Closet” Boutique will be utilized as a resource for the community that offers free clothing and business attire to colleges/universities, employers, churches and nonprofit agencies through referrals only.
Referral/Voucher Application Form – Agencies must complete and submit voucher application form for referrals
To make a donation to “FYD” programs please click the donate button